We’ve been tracking many types of jobs over the years, paying close attention to many job Websites and career resources. It can seem daunting to find your next job but that process doesn’t need to be so difficult. Just by visiting our site here, you’re doing something not everyone else is.
There are many things you can do to get an edge as you apply to and interview for jobs. Examples how you can stand out above other applicants include checking your resume for errors, preparing for interviews, deciding when it is time to include a cover letter, dressing nicely for interviews, and more.
After all, the process shouldn’t be 10 times harder for an employee to get a new job than for an employer to find the right person for the job. With our tips to help you get started, you can start out of the gate in the race with a much better chance for a new job. There is no reason you should have to wait weeks or months to find that job, as it could be days to weeks away.
These tips can help you get your next job faster (if you use them!):
- Did you know there are popular days of the week to search for jobs here through Monster and then apply for jobs. All days work well to apply, but in fact, Fridays are one of the best days to apply. By applying Friday you will get your foot in the door before the weekend and land on a recruiter or hiring manager’s desk Monday morning first thing. You won’t forget to apply Monday morning if you already did on Friday. Some managers and recruiters check email on weekends so may have more time to look at your resume then.
- Rather than join 10 job Websites and spend less time on each, join one or two great sites that have the most job listings. Join Monster here and Beyond here.
- Were you aware that there isn’t a standard on how to dress for an interview? You may feel like dressing as fancy as you can, but what about if the recruiter or hiring manager is dressed casually? Ideally you’ll dress one or two steps better than the actual clothes you’d wear working in the role.
- It can take months or years to perfect a resume if you aren’t a resume writer. You can keep writing your resume over and over without a clue how to perfect it. Or you can just get a new job sooner to pay the bills with a high quality resume at a great price from Resume Wagon here.
- Are you an employer looking to hire? Why not use the best, biggest, most powerful job site? When you use this page on Monster, you can get the best deals to post new positions.
We hope you find that next job sooner. You can do that by first getting a great resume from Resume Wagon, learning about career tips at Beyond, and then searching for plus applying for your next roles at Monster here.